Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Spring Gardening in between the rains and storms! Wopida Group services


 Carol Olson who lives in north Minneapolis and had tornado damage from last year, called me to get a later start this year in tilling her garden.  Here is my trailer with the Troy Bilt rear tined tiller after I tilled the garden with the support of my sister Jane and Carol herself.


 Jamie and Rebecca Wellik of Golden Valley have been expanding their garden over the past few years and I recall starting from just lawn a few years back.  This year, they graciously allowed me to plant my own garden here.  Notice the cherry blossoms to the right on their tree, as Jane and I were getting some of the plants in this year in June, after a late starting season.
 Another view of the garden in the Wellik back yard.
For the first time this year, I planted a lot of bok choy in the greenhouse at the Schmidt farm. Seeing the 4 petaled flower, it is easy to see it is a cabbage or Brassica family plant. Here it is flowering at the Richfield raised bed gardens organized by public school teacher Brian Wheat at District 287.

No comments:

Post a Comment