Friday, November 23, 2012

Recovazon Topical Gel for my Hand Burn yesterday! Caught Red Handed!




No longer Red Handed.  Heat and Pain relieved quickly with first aid and anti-inflammatory herbal gel.


Thanksgiving Day Gratitude and Story!   Here is a photo collage that reflects back on my Thanksgiving Day Nov 22, 2012.  Photo one day 24 hours after the event!   So here in my story and I stick by it!!
I made a commitment to my Mandarin Chinese tutors, "YY"  Yu Ye and "ZZ", Zijun Zhou to pick them up near the U of Minnesota for their airport trips very early Thursday AM, Thanksgiving morning.  So, to be a good host, I decided to model being thankful for my "Inner Julia Child" and make a French traditional breakfast to share in the van!  MMM, what a nice vision for me. :-) I had Chocolate and Almond Croissants from TJ's  Trader Joe's rising overnight.... and at 3:30 AM just as I was brewing coffee, I  put them in my apartment's electric oven.  All was well, with a wonderful smell wafting through my little nest as I was catching up on line with NEWS. NorthEastWestSouth....When I checked them to see if they were golden brown..they were...mmmm.....I took the dish towel to protect my hand from burning on the pan, and oops, the bottom of the towel must have hit the glowing element and burst into flames.  (See evidence below my healing well hand in the above photo!)

First things first - I had a flaming towel hanging below the hot pan of 8 tender croissants I envisioned sharing over Thanksgiving Breakfast and later in my day, "grazing the 3 Thanksgiving events, I was invited to. 
Step One  -  Reduce heat on hand
Feeling the pain and heat on my fingers of my right hand, I dropped the pan of Croissants on the floor under my eating table.....quick reaction.  

Step Two  - Put out the fire!
I opened the sliding door to my outside porch holding the flaming towel (no action photos here :-) and stomped on the towel and finally put a bucket on top of it to dowse the flames)

Step Three - Reduce pain and swelling 
Back inside, I went to the kitchen sink and ran cool water over my painful hand!  Then I took an ice pack and a towel to reduce any swelling and held it there, while I looked for my 2 oz green tube of Recovazon Gel I have for first aid. Voila!  I was able to spread the earth brown soothing plant medicine on the fingers and web of my thumb where I could see now, both reddening, 1st degree, and blistering, 2nd degree were happening.  I found immediate relief with the combination of cooling and Recovazon.

Step Four - Safety for the day

 I wrapped my hand, with loose gauze held by a 3" elastic bandage I secured with tape from my first aid stash of supplies.  I used some more Recovazon from the 2 oz Tube I carry in my car. 

When picking up Yu in Dinkytown by the U of M, I had very little pain and it was so sweet that she gave me a gift of beautiful Chinese Fan, with an image of a DragonFly, one of my spirit animals from my first hanblechia....and to keep down the heat!  Fun sense of humor spirit has for me.   

  
Here is the beautiful dragonfly fan with a lotus flower that penyou,Yu, so sweetly gave to me as she entered my van at 4:45 AM.   What a sweet time...and then at about 5 AM  Zijun handed me the gift of the 3 mask magnets, so colorful and perhaps how my face looked when my hand was burning just an hour or so before!     I think they might reflect Beijing Opera characters and I will have to ask Zijun when he returns from San Francisco next week.  Xie Xie ni Yu and Zijun for teaching me! 

Here is my first stop grazing for Thanksgiving at Molly Engler's beautiful home. Seated here are Judy Aaberg  ______? in blue, Kathy Aaberg Engler (end behind a hand), my tehanshi, brother, Gary Engler (we share the same Birthday :-) and Molly Engler.  Just amazing the transformation of this home, that Gary's dad John and the Betcher and Engler granddad make together beginning in 1949.  Gary was sharing the story of how he lived in St Louis Park near the City Hall now, and moved into the home on Lake Shore Blvd by Libbs Lake-Lake Minnetonka!  Such fun to be part of this expanding family Thanksgiving circle.  Molly has a dog walking and sitting service and has put up a fence in this latest transformation of the home for the Engler family.  John and Millie's spirits were surely smiling the whole time.  Evelyn and the local smiling dog Blueberry added much comic relief and even the Chocolate Croissants were appreciated.. Thanks Julia Child!


My Grazing adventure continued 
Molly Engler's in Minnetonka, to Manny Camilon's in Waconia and Steve Borden's in Bryn Mawr neighborhood of Minneapolis was cancelled due to illness.   Another living in process adventure day!

I remembered by "wilderness first aid training" and here is how things looked this morning. 


A couple of croissants left for me here with the middle finger R hand with a blister with no redness. (and no pain!)

Recovazon Gel sachet, with a small amount of gel that I spread over the finger. Also note where the hot pan hit the web of my thumb that is now without any redness. Only a blister that has no pain that I may drain later today after the inipi ceremony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment