Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lotus Incense - Preparing for the 14th Dalai Lama Ceremony


I awoke this morning, the day before the visit of the 14th Dalai Lama at the U of M, where I will be meeting my Putonghua Teacher, Tian Xia and a friend of hers and a friend of mine, Sylvan, for a healing ceremony. What spirit asked me to do when a awoke is that during my meditation, that I light the red incense stick that came through my Glessner and Chapplelear ancestors this morning. I see the faded label on the wrapping is likely from the early 20th century in China. "Exported from China National Native Produce and Animal By- Products Import and Export Corp. Fukien Branch Amoy Office. "

"Lotus Brand Scented Sticks are manufactured from various fragrant herbs. Once lit, they give off very pleasing aroma."

What came up for me is to put this quote here from the 14th Dalai Lama "All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives."
Dalai Lama http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dalai_lama.html#ixzz1Lf8BcNki



I am been interested in the healing power of plants and how herbs like tobacco attract the spirits and ancestors on Turtle Island, N and South America, and recently learned through an elder, that each continent has special herbs that call on ancient grounding loving wisdom. I get a sense, and that my be in-cense :-), that herbs such as sweet grass and flat cedar here in N America, Copal in Central America, Palo Santo in South America are some of those herbs that quiet the body-mind to become open to the love of the source of Creation, the Creator of this dynamic changing planet that has countless beings as denizens of her blue green life giving essence.

Recently the elders of White Bison have agreed in meditations www.whitebison.org

Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 6
"We must remember that the heart of our religion is alive and that each person has the ability within to awaken and walk in a sacred manner."
-- -- Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
The Native Spirituality is full of life. When we seek it we become alive. Even if we have gone astray and have conducted ourselves in a bad way, we can look within and have a new awakening to life. Maybe we have drunk too much alcohol; maybe we have cheated on our spouse; maybe we have done things that make us feel guilty and ashamed. If we look outside ourselves, we will not find life; if we look inside, we will find life. Anytime we choose to change our lives, we only need to look inside. How do we do this? Take some sage and light it, close your eyes and say to the Great Sirit, I'm tired, I need your help. Please help me change.

Great Spirit, I know you exist inside of myself. Let me awaken to your teachings.

Elder's Meditation of the Day - May 5
"There are many things to be shared with the four colors of man in our common destiny as one family upon our Mother the Earth."
-- -- Traditional Circle of Elders, NORTHERN CHEYENNE
The Elders tell us the time will come when the four colors of Man will unite into one family. According to prophecies, we were told this would happen when the Sun was blocked in the Seventh Moon. There was an eclipse of the Sun in July, 1991. We are now in a new Springtime called the Coming Together Time. Each of the four colors of man has knowledge that the other colors need to heal their families. Let us all be willing to sit in a circle and respect our differences.

Creator, let me be willing to have an open mind.

Thanks for the strength and wisdom my my Glessner and Chapplear Ancestors who lived in the LA and Ohio area of the US and who brought in the spirit of the ancestors from all traditions.

Remember to light some sage, sweet grass, cedar, here in N America, and the herbs of your lands throughout the beautiful changing world! Xie xie ni! Pidamiyayelo. Mitakuye Oyasin. We are all connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment